Lunch Alone & Coconut Soup
Did something today that I have never done before…went to a sit-down restaurant and had lunch by myself. That may not sound like a big deal to most of you, but I never do this, have never done this! I run errands, skip lunch, carry an apple in the car with me, anything except go into a place by myself. I don’t know why not, maybe because I am usually preparing something at home, have leftovers, prefer my own cooking…I have a whole list of excuses.. uhh, reasons… I have never had the need or desire to eat out alone…until now.
This being the 12th (final) week of my work through The Artist’s Way, I thought I should try some monumental steps – believe it or not, lunch by myself is monumental.
I went to Peter’s Sushi, ordered a Green Dragon – which is OMG delicious! – watched the other diners come & go.
I wonder what monumental step I will take tomorrow…
Thai-style Coconut Soup
No avocado or roe, but this is delicious & quick.
- 3 cups organic Chicken Broth
- 13.5-ounce can unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1-inch piece fresh Ginger, peeled & cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon grated Lime Zest
- 1 pound raw Shrimp, (21 – 30 count size), peeled & deveined
- 4 ounces Mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 Scallions, white part thinly sliced, green part coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Lime Juice
- Combine broth, coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, jalapeño, & lime zest in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a low boil, partially cover & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp & mushrooms; simmer until shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove & discard ginger.
- Stir in scallions, cilantro & lime juice.