World War 2 Museum & Dirty Rice
The National WW2 Museum is a new addition to New Orleans since my last visit. An assortment of memorabilia, photos, audio & video clips & a movie narrated by Tom Hanks along with the greatest generation visitors made this a must-see location for us.
For the people still in the throes of The Great Depression, the work required to free the world of the Nazi menace & the Axis powers, was just another hurdle they had to overcome to protect, care for & feed their families.
After the unprovoked Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, volunteers filled the ranks of the U.S. military. The world changed as a result of their service & sacrifice.
This museum is new & with the expansion plans they have in miniature, there is still a lot of work to be done.
Papa was in the 76th Infantry of General George Patton’s 3rd Army.
Serve as a side dish with any grilled meat or seafood.
- 1 Pound Spicy Breakfast Sausage (no MSG, please!)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 15 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups Long-grain Rice
- 1 teaspoon Dry Minced Onion
- Brown sausage in skillet until pink color disappears, crumbling with fork.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, rice & minced onion.
- Simmer gently, covered, 18 to 20 minutes.