Tall Ships & Creole Seasoning
Tall ships were on display when we visited New Orleans. Who knew it was the Bicentennial celebration of the War of 1812!
United Sates Coast Guard Eagle
USS Wasp, amphibious assault ship & her associated ships.
We saw lots of sailors all week, our favorite uniform was French Martinique which we saw at Pat O’Brien’s.
The Blue Angels flew up & down the river all week in preparation for their Saturday Air Show, but unfortunately thunder storms prevented them from performing.
According to legend General Andrew Jackson did not care for the spicy foods the grateful residents of New Orleans prepared for him once the battles were won. Too bad for him.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sweet Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon White Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried Basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried Thyme
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Store in a glass jar.
Note: Use whenever Cajun or Creole seasoning is called for.