Random Snaps in NOLA & New Orleans Pralines
Many restaurants to try…
Many stores/galleries to browse…
I haven’t even mentioned the local candy stores with the handmade pralines!
Couldn’t resist this one!
New Orleans Pralines
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light cream (half & half)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine sugars and cream in a heavy 2-quart saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until mixture forms a thick syrup.
- Add pecans and butter and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove sauce pan to a heatproof surface (such as a wire rack) and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon to drop rounded balls of the mixture onto sheet wax paper or foil, leaving about 3 inches between each ball for pralines to spread. Allow to cool.
Makes about 12 candies.