Glass Drinking Straw & Cold & Creamy Smoothie
Slowly but surely I am eradicating plastic from my kitchen & my life. Too many chemicals, too many stories about possible dangers.
A couple of Christmases ago, DH gave me glass drinking straws – I had done the research & sent him this link & Woo Hoo! I received exactly what I wanted…actually more. I only expected a single straw. He gave me 6!
There are 2 small bent straws:
2 tall thin straws & 2 larger bore “smoothie” straws.
At the time, this site did not offer carrying cases, so I purchased a pen holder to store my straws in the kitchen cabinet.
The straws are made of tempered glass like Pyrex so they are durable & come with a “pipe cleaner” to keep them spic & span.
A little something to ponder…BPA (plastic) effects on mama monkeys.
Cold & Creamy Smoothie
Packed with excellent fat, fiber & taste, this smoothie will become a family favorite.
- 2 cups Water, Kefir, Raw Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Organic Lemon, including peel
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 large Cucumber, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs Parsley
- Small handful fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 generous spoonful Almond Butter
- 1 generous spoonful Coconut Oil
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries, your choice
- 1 teaspoon Acerola Powder
- 1 teaspoon Spirulina (yep, the blue-green algae that helps prevent allergic rhinitis)
- Ice cubes
- Sweetener if desired, such as chopped dates, maple syrup or stevia (the sooner you drop this the sooner your taste buds discern “sweet” in fruit)
- Pour first 4 ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients until preferred consistency is reached.