Post Post Grad Again! Almond Coconut Power Bars
Bonne chance, mon fils précieux. Je t’aime.
This is a recipe I published when #2 son graduated last spring. Since it’s #3 son’s favorite “power bar” I decided to share it again!
Almond Coconut Power Bars
Before their workouts, sons grab a power bar & off they go!
Good fat, dark chocolate & it’s raw – does a body good!
- 2 cups Almonds (raw)
- 1/2 cup Flax Meal (flax seeds ground in a blender)
- 1/2 cup shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup unsalted Almond Butter (roasted tastes better)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter & salt in a food processor, pulse briefly.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over very low heat.
- Remove coconut oil from stove, stir in honey & vanilla.
- Add coconut oil mixture to food processor & pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste.
- Add chocolate chips to food processor; PRocess until chips are incorporated but not completely chopped.
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars.
Makes 20 bars
I cut these into bars, place them in snack-size ziplock bags & store them in the freezer.
With all the coconut oil they become soft if left at room temperature.