Grayton Beach State Park & Lemon Pound Cake
Grayton Beach State Park had a wonderful Dune Nature Trail.
Walking up into the Live Oaks dropped the temperature about 10 degrees.
The beach was not crowded. The color of the water even more beautiful than Pensacola Beach.
Lemon Pound Cake
Pound Cakes are great for picnics – no frosting to melt, no need for forks, slices fit well into ziplock bags.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream, Plain Yogurt or Cultured Coconut Kefir
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar (I prefer Coconut Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups Sprouted Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Well grease & flour Bundt or angel food cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, whip butter, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice & vanilla.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Beat in flour & baking powder until the batter is well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then turn onto cake plate.
- Allow cake to cool completely before pouring adding Lemon Glaze.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl combine ingredients.
- Slowly drizzle glaze over cake.