Independence Day USA & Dairy-Free Ice Cream
“The kindergarten teacher was showing her class an encyclopedia page picturing several national flags. She pointed to the American flag and asked, “What flag is this?” A little girl called out, “That’s the flag of our country.” “Very good,” the teacher said. “And what is the name of our country?” “‘Tis of thee’,” the girl said confidently.”
Dairy-Free Ice “Cream”
It’s not 4th of July without homemade ice cream, so here’s a dairy-free recipe!
- 8 ounces Coconut Cream (I order mine by the case from Wilderness Family Naturals)
- 2 14-ounce cans Coconut Milk (not Lite)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, milk, honey & vanilla.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to instructions.
- Allow ice cream to “ripen” or eat right away, soft serve style.