After the Windy Rain Storm & ND Creamy Lemon Asparagus Risotto
Big Meyer Lemon tree uprighted…
…but a lemon was lost.
Moxie surveys the damage.
Sago Palm’s old plastic pot cannot be uprighted. Looks like DH will be shopping for a new container.
Lucy tolerated the storm a bit better since taking Healthy Calm, an herbal supplement I found it at Whole Foods, made by renew Life. She was agitated, but not the “I’m going to have a heart attack” kind of agitation she usually displays.
Creamy Lemon Asparagus Risotto
My #1 son is the risotto cook in the family, but since he lives in NYCity, I have had to learn to make it myself.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 small Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio Rice, uncooked
- 1/2 pound Fresh Asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth, heated (you won’t use all of it)
- 2 Tablespoons ND Sour Cream
- Grated peel & juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion, cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, asparagus, wine & 1/2 cup broth; Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly allowing broth to be almost completely absorbed before adding next 1/2 cup.
- Cook rice until tender but firm to the bite, takes about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in sour cream, lemon peel & juice, parsley & salt.
- Stir until well blended.