20 Days Till Christmas: Chai-Spiced Almond Cookies
“God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant in the earth, and to keep you alive by a great deliverance.”
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.”
Chai-Spiced Almond Cookies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups Powdered Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Almonds, toasted & finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using electric mixer beat butter, 1/3 c sugar, both extracts, spices & salt in medium bowl.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir in almonds.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-size balls.
- Place on large baking sheet, spacing apart.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool on sheet 5 minutes.
- Place remaining sugar in bowl & gently dip hot cookies.
- Roll again in sugar & serve.