13 Days Till Christmas: Cream Cheese Cookies
“In that day I will raise up the fallen booth of David, and wall up its breaches; I will also raise up its ruins and rebuild it as in the days of old;
That they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the nations who are called by My name,” declares the LORD who does this.
“Behold, days are coming,” declares the LORD, when the plowman will overtake the reaper and the treader of grapes him who sows seed;
When the mountains will drip sweet wine and all the hills will be dissolved.
“Also I will restore the captivity of My people Israel, and they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them;
They will also plant vineyards and drink their wine, and make gardens and eat their fruit.
“I will also plant them on their land, and they will not again be rooted out from their land which I have given them,” says the LORD your God.
Cream Cheese Cookies
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons Orange Peel, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cheese & butter in large bowl with electric mixer until very light & fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Blend in peel & vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt into cheese mixture.
- Mix quickly, but well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Form into balls & wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough & roll into balls.
- Arrange on greased baking sheet.
- Dip fork into powdered sugar & press into each cookie to form crosshatch design flattening to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake until cookies are just lightly browned & starting to set around the edges, about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer to rack & cool completely before serving.