Meditation & Shrimp Creole
Snowy March Saturday photos after most of the snow had melted.
Meditation is in the news of late & everyone is talking about the benefits of meditation as though this is something new.
Over & over the Bible tells us to meditate upon the Lord’s Word. Here are some quick example verses from Psalms:
Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.
Psalms 49:3 My mouth will speak wisdom, and the meditation of my heart will be understanding.
Psalms 104:34 Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the LORD.
Psalms 119:97 O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.
New American Standard Bible
Make some time, undisturbed time: no telephone, no television, no one knocking on the door, etc. to sit quietly & meditate…
I am so tired of gray days! Come on, Springtime & sunshine!
This is an old stand-by family favorite. Leftovers can be used to make an omelet for breakfast the next morning, so I’m told, but we never have any leftover.
I make this dairy-free, using coconut oil, & wheat-free, using arrowroot or coconut flour.
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, chopped
- 2 Scallions, both white & green parts, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot, Coconut Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 15-ounce can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 15-ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds raw Shrimp, 21-25 per-pound size, peeled & deveined
- 10 ounce box frozen Green Peas
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large iron skillet, sauté peppers & scallions in butter/oil.
- Stir in arrowroot/flour, seasonings, tomatoes & tomato sauce.
- Bring to boil & stir until thickens.
- Spread shrimp around the skillet over the sauce.
- Sprinkle peas evenly over the top of all.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven & stir to cover shrimp & peas with sauce.
Serve over rice or scrambled eggs.