Summer Sabbatical & Sparkling Summer Sangria
Hi! It’s me! DH took a sabbatical this summer so that we could prepare our house to put on the market. Yep, after 13 years we’re ready to move. No, don’t know where we’re going, but that’s okay.
I had not planned to be gone from writing for so long & I hadn’t really thought about it until a friend at choir practice remarked that I had not written anything for a while. Oops! Sorry!
I’m still not back – we haven’t finished the house yet & I am sick of painting! – but I thought I would dash off a recipe I just adapted from one The Organic Wine Company posted on Facebook.
If you haven’t checked out The Organic Wine Company, shame on you! Veronique Raskin selects only the best organic wines & her staff is wonderful!
Note the canning jars on the counter: it’s salsa making season!
Sparkling Summer Sangria
Use fresh, organic fruits only in this recipe since they will be floating in your pitcher, punchbowl & glass!
A salty snack compliments the variety of fruit flavors.
- 3 cups Organic Tequila Blanco (white tequila)
- 1 bottle Organic White Wine (I used Perlage Pinot Grigio)
- 1/2 cup Organic Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Organic Cranberry Juice (I used Just Cranberry)
- 1/4 cup Ole Smoky Moonshine Cherries Moonshine
- 1 Orange, sliced
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 1 Lime, sliced
- 1 bunch White Grapes, sliced
- 1 tart Green Apple, diced
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Cherries Cherries, optional
- 1 liter Sparkling Water (or a can if you’re not using a punchbowl)
- Combine tequila, wine & agave; stir well.
- Add juices & moonshine.
- Place fruit in serving container – a large pitcher or a punchbowl.
- Pour tequila/wine mixture over & stir.
Remember: Drink responsibly!
By the way, I am not affiliated with any company, so when I mention a product or a website, I’m not making money. I’m just telling you what I use, where I buy.
Just thought you should know.