1. the act of reflecting or the state of being reflected.
2. an image; representation; counterpart.
3. a fixing of the thoughts on something; careful consideration.
4. a thought occurring in consideration or meditation.
5. an unfavorable remark or observation.
Also, especially British, reflexion.
1350–1400; Middle English < Late Latin reflexiōn- (stem of reflexiō ) a bending back, equivalent to Latin reflex ( us ) (see reflex) + -iōn- -ion
Can be confused: diffraction, diffusion, reflection, rarefaction, refraction.
3. meditation, rumination, deliberation, cogitation, study, thinking. 5. imputation, aspersion, reproach, criticism.